- Challenging the real world by wondering what else is possible
- Designing at the intersection of human creativity and technological possibility
- Observing human behaviour to develop ideas for objects that delight and defy convention
- Experimenting with materials to find surprises that can’t be found simply by thinking with a pen or a computer
- Teaching children to use their imagination and understanding the process of making
Dominic Wilcox, artist, designer and inventor
Dominic Wilcox has designed shoes with inbuilt GPS to guide the wearer home, a Binaudios device to listen to the sounds of a city, a stained glass driverless car of the future and raced against a 3D Printer. As the V&A acquires fives objects from his Little Inventors project Dominic speaks about the rapidly expanding workshops which reach from Sunderland to Shanghai.